- Manage a complex project portfolio, ensuring that all project objectives are aligned and completed in accordance with the organization’s strategic initiatives.
- Effectively lead all project stakeholders, engineers, and technical staff on a major project, providing the necessary management and support to assure technical, cost, and schedule deliverables.
- Supports the planning and scheduling of multi-contract projects utilizing Virginia Space systems and an overall workload plan for the project portfolio.
- Determines practices and methods in solving problems for unique situations in which precedents, protocols, and procedures are not written or have not been defined.
- Effectively demonstrates the ability to create plans, establish priorities, and allocate resources to achieve a specific objective.
- Work directly with the customer, support contractors, and Virginia Space management/technical staff to ensure all projects are completed according to mission requirements.
- Identify process improvements within the organization to increase efficiencies; develop and recommend a plan of action to executive management for execution.
- Generate project activity schedules, track activity progress against schedule, develop cost budgets for projects, track project costs, ensure performance and quality metrics are met, and provide reports to the executive management.
- Maintain seamless lines of communication with all internal and external parties to ensure overall success of the project or program.
- Develop, maintain, and report technical performance metrics, effectively measuring the level of performance in relation to project and mission objectives.
- Continuously develop an advanced understanding of the operational systems as a whole and apply that knowledge to prevent unintended conflicts between existing systems and new projects.
- Oversee the personal and professional development of all employees assigned, providing regular feedback to improve overall team effectiveness, cohesiveness, and depth.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Valid Driver's License
- Covid-19 Vaccination
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong ability to lead other project managers, engineers, or stakeholders in a fast-paced project team environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite is desired, specifically with Excel and Project programs.
- Applicant must have excellent oral and written communication skills and possess the ability to effectively communicate with the customer as well as executive-level management.
- Must effectively demonstrate an understanding of contracting and procurement principles.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take on challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 10 years of industry and/or supervisory experience.
- A Master’s Degree, or other related industry certifications such as PMP, is highly desired.
The employer will provide at no cost to the employee:
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Retirement contribution equaling 11% of your salary
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and
- Term Life insurance