Full Position Summary
Safety Engineer supports the safety oversight of industrial environments and the engineered systems within the company. Areas of safety support may include cryogenic, pneumatic, hydraulic, fuel, electrical, control, structural, explosive, and water systems. Position requires a safety and general engineering background. This position works directly with customers and technical field staff in a team environment. Work products are produced with minimal oversight and require review prior to presentation to levels above management staff or customers. This position will provide working solutions to safety issues that occur in the field to enable work to be continued quickly and safely.
- Maintain compliance with site specific safety policies, including local, state, and federal regulations. Develop and maintain all processes as outlined by OSHA, EPA, FAA, NASA, and VDEQ.
- Develop and implement schedule and operational requirements related to the safety projects and policies.
- Perform risk assessments for ground and customer flight operations
- Develop job hazard maps, analysis, and PPE assessments.
- Monitor employee exposure to job hazards.
- Recommend process and product safety features to reduce exposure to chemical, physical, and biological work hazards.
- Develop recommendations for remedial actions when safety policies are not met by employees or customers.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards.
- Complete and maintain required safety logs and reports.
- Report, conduct, or review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, and environmental testing.
- Develop, implement, and maintain safety contingency plans (fires, hazard maps, etc.)
- Develop safety solutions and documentation related to system operating, testing, maintenance procedures, engineering work packages, hazardous operations, system drawings, trouble-shooting plans, certification documentation, and system performance metrics
- Generate system recommendations to increase safety, and reliability
- Covid-19 Vaccination Card
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship
- Valid Driver's License
- 2 or more years of experience in the design, development, and general operations oversight of environmental, health and safety disciplines required.
- Experience with hazardous systems, including pneumatic, cryogenic, hydrocarbon, explosives, propellants, and electrical operations, is required.
- Physical ability to perform all duties listed.
Bachelors from an accredited college or university with major studies in engineering or a related field.
The employer will provide at no cost to the employee:
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Retirement contribution equaling 11% of your salary
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and Term Life insurance