Full Job Summary
Virginia Commercial Space Flight Authority is seeking a full-time experienced procurement expeditor to perform expediting activities in a high pace procurement environment to ensure timely delivery of purchased goods. Acts as coordinator between buyers, vendors, freight forwarders and logistics personnel to ensure that purchased goods, services and equipment are delivered on time, in the correct quantity and to the correct destination. Assist buyers in all aspects of the purchasing function and provide administrative support to the procurement team on a daily basis.
- Contact suppliers/vendors to ensure that purchase orders are received and confirm that deliveries will ship on time.
- Review, analyze and research open purchase orders. Inform buyers of potential delays or backorders.
- Track and maintain a report of released purchase orders and status of delivery.
- Communicate changes, supplier/vendor delays and/or backorders to appropriate stakeholders. Update ERP system with purchase order notes to capture delivery issues or concerns as well as any changes to vendor's expected delivery date.
- Coordinate with the logistics team and ensure that the appropriate goods are transferred to each department in a timely manner.
- Work with the buyer and logistics team on handling return materials and monitor timely credit to orders, as required.
- Facilitate the disposition of any non-conforming material issues.
- Assist purchasing and accounts payable to resolve purchase order and invoicing issues.
- Monitor open purchase orders to ensure that they are closed in a timely manner.
- Assist procurement manager with data collection of key performance indicators across the procurement process, as assigned. (i.e. purchase order cycle times, supplier on time delivery, supplier defect rate, etc.)
- Assist procurement personnel with data management to ensure procurement files are accurate and up to date. Ensure hard copy receiving documents are scanned and stored appropriately.
- Assist procurement team with the implementation of a new requisitioning system to efficiently communicate to all stakeholders.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Valid Driver's License
- Minimum 3 years in a general office environment, preferably focused in the areas of purchasing, shipping/receiving, and expediting.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office products to include Excel and Word.
- Experience with NetSuite ERP system a plus
- Must pass drug test and background check.
- Knowledge of import/export and customs procedures is an advantage.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
The employer will provide at no cost to the employee:
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Retirement contribution equaling 11% of your salary.
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and Term Life insurance