Full Job Summary
This position supports the overall technical direction and design of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems at the Mid Atlantic Regional Spaceport (MARS) facility.
- Perform designs and system reviews to verify systems are designed in accordance with national codes and standards, as well as verifying the system performance is optimal for requested need.
- Assist in requirements development with customers to verify requests are within available system operating parameters with proper margins.
- Work with Operations and Maintenance Team to perform system activation, initial data analysis, system fine tuning, and assist in root cause analysis for non-conformances.
- Develop and review flow and stress analysis to verify system design is adequate and proper for operating conditions. This includes fluid and gas system modeling.
- Provides guidance and instruction on design, as well as functional and operational understanding all MEP systems at MARS facilities.
- Directs coordination with other internal groups including Operations and Maintenance, Quality and Safety, and the management teams as needed.
- Develops task requirements and task plans that include budget/cost estimates, schedule, and performance criteria, while maintaining compliance with all Management, Quality, Certification, and Cleanliness Documentation, and Safety Policies.
- Develops engineering documentation, technical calculations, design review packages, and certification packages for MEP systems at MARS facilities.
- Supervises and participates in field inspections and reviews to assess conformance with design and operational requirements.
- Supervises and generates system change documentation to increase operating efficiency, performance, safety, and reliability.
- Responsible for oversight and management of maintenance, alteration, and operational tasks safely, efficiently and within allocated budget/schedule.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Valid Driver's License
- Covid-19 Vaccination
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and secure reliable transportation to the Authority’s Norfolk Office to the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport Offices and facilities on Virginia’s Eastern Shore.
- Must be able to maintain secured access to the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport and supporting facilities.
- Position requires a strong base of knowledge of engineering practices and principles. Experience with mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems. Specifically, a strong background in HVAC design and implementation.
- Technical writing competency to portray ideas, detailed designs, and overall processes in a manner that is professional and concise with proper details.
- Requires ability to manage multiple major projects in parallel by both performing design work as well as being project engineer and overseeing all technical aspects.
- Must effectively demonstrate the ability to create plans, establish priorities and allocate resources to achievea specific objective.
- Must be flexible in working in a cross-disciplined environment with other engineers.
At least two to three years of directly related work experience with MEP systems is required. Direct work experience with HVAC system design and implementation is desired. At least five years of related work experience in the design, development, construction, or operation of complex engineered systems with high level responsible charge will fulfill prior two to three year directly related work experience requirement. Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a related field (physics, chemistry, biomechanics) from an accredited college or university is preferred and can betaken into consideration versus work experience.
The employer will provide at no cost to the employee:
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Retirement contribution equaling 11% of your salary.
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and Term Life insurance