Full Job Summary
The Logistics Support Specialist I will control the efficient flow of goods, services and information between the points of origin through scheduling and coordination of support for, inventory control, ordering materials/supplies/repair parts from vendors, shipping and receiving, tracking of maintenance/alteration/repair actions in the organizations tracking systems, and technical administrative support to the MARS Logistics Manager. The specialist I will on a case-by-case basis assist with functions in scheduling work activities across functional areas, which will require the ability to gain access control to NASA WFF and MARS facilities.
- Process purchase orders for procurement of materials and services including linking to work requests for billing, documenting approvals, and integration with the organizations master schedule.
- Support the maintenance of the MARS Inventory Control System/Work Orders that includes stocking, database entry, material tracking, and preparing transmittals with appropriate certifications and approvals.
- Serves as the Parts ordering and Receiving clerk which consisted of restocking, in/outs, inventory updating, consumable tracking, and creating/filling stock requests, MSR close outs.
- Support receipt inspection of materials, supplies, spares, and repair parts to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Assists the Logistics Specialist II with Transmittals, Parts sent to cleaning, and restocking parts inventories.
- Scheduling deliveries for transport to various company sites.
- Complete bi-weekly inventories as well as the submission of purchase request for restock of parts.
- Receives delivered materials, equipment, and supplies, confirms that all parts match the material stock request descriptions and expected quantity, document arrival condition and verify all necessary paperwork is received.
- Oversees the shipping area and maintains contact with outside vendors to insure on-time deliveries.
- In charge of Maintaining MARS Consumables Inventory
- Conducts semiannual inventory audit to ensure all items in stock, accounted for and properly stored
- Assesses inventory levels and coordinates Replenishment with Lead Logistics Administrator
- Organizes and manages inventory certificate of conformance for all pad components
- Fulfills stock request for materials, equipment, and supplies needed for use in the field
- Assists HR Department with USA sourcing for Swag Materials
- Assists Lead Logistics Administrator with Request Quotes and Submitting MSRs to replenish stock depletion and Maintain Stock Levels per Critical Spares MIN/MAX List Developed by Operations.
- Makes all logistical related runs (to the field, pickups from Lowes, Home Depot etc.)
- Assists with Conducting semiannual inventory audit to ensure all items in stock, accounted for and properly stored
- Performs occasional overnight tasks that may require travel out of state.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the logistics supervisor.
- Ability to serve on a team.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Valid Driver's License
- Covid-19 Vaccination
At least one (1) year of experience in one of the following fields. Logistics, Mechanical Logistics, Procurement, Material Management, or Technical Administrative Support experience in similar professional environments. Preferred but not required: A general understanding of mechanical parts such as valves, relief valves, gauges, actuators, flanges etc.
High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree or higher is desired but not required. Specialized training in material management, inventory control, or procurement is desired.
The employer will provide at no cost to the employee:
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Retirement contribution equaling 11% of your salary
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and Term Life insurance