Responsibilities and Duties:
- Establishes organizational policies and interprets, executes, and recommends development of and modifications to the Safety, Quality, and Environmental policies of the Company.
- Provides technical direction and leadership on related issues, reviews overall budget, schedules, and performance standards.
- Supervises personnel and establishes support contracts as required.
- Develops long-range technical and administrative plans, goals, and strategies, and establishes optimum budget allocations for department, including managing overhead allocations and expenditures for department.
- Establishes policies, procedures and/or activities to comply with applicable statutes and regulations and ensures that customers (both internal and external) are well-served through provision of high-quality guidance and technical services delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensures that significant safety, quality, and environmental risks associated with the facilities or properties of the Company, programs and activities are identified and avoided or mitigated to the extent practical by maintaining effective legislative and regulatory monitoring and response, audit and self-inspection, spill and clean-up, permitting, remediation and monitoring.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this title. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. They are not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of supervisors to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision.
General Education: College: Bachelor's Degree, advanced degree preferred Major: Safety, Environmental, Engineering or Technical
Job-Related Experience: Experience with establishing safety, quality, and environmental programs in a dynamic operational environment. A minimum of seven years industry experience with two years of experience as a formal Supervisor.
Certifications: None required, ISO Auditor Certification, ASP, or CSP preferred
Licenses, etc.: Valid driver's license is necessary when operating a vehicle while on agency business.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Knowledge: Comprehensive knowledge of safety, quality, and environmental disciplines and industry practices as applied to the operation of technical facilities. Familiar with design, construction, activation, operation, and decommissioning of complex systems. Knowledge of operational support functions such as logistics, procurement, contracts, equipment maintenance, quality assurance-related process control systems, safety programs related to industrial operations, and environmental regulations as applied to support functions. Specific knowledge aviation/aerospace operations under AS9100is desired.
- Ability to effectively lead people
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Organization and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or related programs.
- SharePoint experience preferred.
- Time management with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates high professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
Physical Demands: This is a senior management position in an office environment with occasional time required outside in an industrial work environment. Employee must be able to occasionally navigate safely in a complex industrial environment with exposure to metal work stands and piping.
Work Environment: Work is performed in a typical office setting.