General Description: The Administrative Assistant provides high level support to executive leadership and department heads by performing a variety of secretarial and administrative duties and skilled tasks. The Administrative Assistant will coordinate, process, assist and maintain all aspects of the overall day to day business needs/functions of the Virginia Space Norfolk corporate office.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provides professional level administrative support to the organization’s executives.
- Collects, reviews, and prepares documents, letters and/or correspondence, such as preparing expense reports for the purpose of submitting correspondence to the finance department for approval.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings and appointments; makes travel arrangements; assists with planning board meetings and other meetings; orders food and makes restaurant, hotel, and meeting location reservations.
- Takes minutes and meeting notes.
- Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions.
- Welcomes and directs visitors and customers.
- Performs other various clerical duties, which may include recordkeeping, ordering and maintaining office supplies, coordinating equipment/company vehicle maintenance, and handling and disbursing incoming packages and mail.
- Collaborates with and assists other departments on various projects.
- Uses discretion, judgement, and knowledge of the organization to facilitate the executives’ activities and maintain confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this title. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. They are not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of supervisors to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision.
College: Associates degree preferred Major: Business or related field
Job-Related Experience: An equivalent combination of training and experience may substitute for a degree. Experience directly supporting CEO, COO, CFO, or other executive level management is required.
Licenses, etc.: Valid driver's license is necessary while operating a vehicle while on agency business.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Knowledge: Will be required to organize, plan, and prioritize work to achieve specific objectives. Exercise of good judgment is a requirement as are the practice of honesty and integrity in all activities.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work independently.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
· Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems.
· Flexible and adaptable in various situations and when interacting with many different personalities.
· Knowledge of, or ability to quickly acquire, familiarity with the roles and functions of the assigned department.
Physical Demands: Work is light requiring lifting of computer equipment and involves typical office behaviors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10pounds.
Work Environment: Work is performed in a typical office setting.
The employer will provide the following at no cost to the employee:
- Health, Vision, and Dental insurance
- Retirement contribution equaling 11% of your salary.
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and Term Life insurance