We are currently seeking qualified rising Juniors and Seniors enrolled in a four-year bachelor’s degree program in Criminal Justice or related field to participate in an 11-week Security Internship, at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport in Wallops Island, Virginia. This position requires the candidate to wear a uniform in the performance of their duties.
This individual will shadow each of the security positions on a rotational basis and will be assigned duties and learning opportunities which would include general training associated with most aspects of the Security career field.
The intern will work daily with the following throughout the internship:
- Patrol Officer duties
- Guard booth operations
- Procedure and incident report writing
- Facility inspections
- Badge processing
- Basic programming and operation of video surveillance
- Intrusion detection
- Access control systems
In addition, the intern will assist with field updates and upgrades, which may include the basics of microelectronics, create as-built drawings that pertain to basic network design of several security applications. Other various duties may be assigned.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Valid Driver's License
- Covid-19 Vaccination
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and secure reliable transportation to the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport Offices and facilities on Virginia's Eastern Shore
- Must be able to maintain secured access to the Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport and supporting facilities
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be a self-motivated individual willing to work hard, able to work in a group and alone, and be quality conscious.
- Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines
- Must be proficient with typing, scanning and administrative technology
- Must be able to maintain mental clarity and demonstrate efficiency in scope or work in a fast-paced stressful environment
- Must be able to understand, follow and promote OSHA safety guidelines in the workplace
Must be a rising Junior or Senior enrolled in a four-year bachelor’s degree program in Criminal Justice or Related Field.
- Covid-19 Vaccination Card
- Valid Driver’s License
- Documents to verify employment eligibility (I9)