Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer (COO)/Deputy Executive Director, the management intern will provide professional-level staff assistance in strategy, operations, and financial work. Responsibilities will include project-based work and involvement with senior leadership personnel. This internship is intended to give candidates the experience and on-the-job training for higher level management responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Duties
Work will primarily involve the COO/Deputy Executive Director, the Chief Technology Officer, and the Chief Financial Officer.
Projects will include supporting the development of work products in one or more of the following areas:
- Corporate strategy development
- Multi-year strategic planning
- Business process development
- Operations forecasting
- Budget forecasting and multi-year budget planning
- Financial analysis
- System vulnerability analysis
Work with senior leadership to understand the key success metrics for the business.
Collaborate with operating teams to translate key success metrics into actionable insights.
Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this title. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified. They are not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of supervisors to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under their supervision.
College: Bachelor's Degree
Major: Engineering, business, or financial discipline | Active Status in an MBA accredited program
Job Related Experience
An equivalent combination of training and experience may substitute for a degree.
Valid driver's license is necessary while operating a vehicle while on agency business.
- Thorough knowledge of management practices and the principles and practices of public administration.
- Considerable knowledge of budgeting and accounting, research techniques, methods and procedures.
- General operating knowledge of office equipment.
- Working knowledgeable of SharePoint preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills within all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and highly organized with attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and/or related programs, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with senior leaders, management, co-workers, and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to address multiple projects simultaneously within established timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work in a high-volume and fast paced environment.
Work is light requiring lifting of computer equipment and involves typical office behaviors as well as field work that may expose one to various weather conditions and chemical irritants. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Work is performed in both an office setting and conducting field work, which may involve moderate discomforts which require special precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, carts or machinery, working with irritant chemicals, and various outdoor weather conditions.